The Benefits of Adding More Storage During a Bathroom Remodel
A bathroom remodel is a perfect opportunity to improve not only the aesthetic of your space but also its functionality. One aspect that often goes overlooked is storage. A lack of storage can make a bathroom feel cluttered and unorganized, but adding more storage during your remodel can create a functional and efficient space. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of adding more storage during a bathroom remodel.
Clutter in the bathroom can make your space appear smaller. By adding additional storage to your bathroom remodel, you can have a place to store items such as toiletries, cleaning supplies, and other items that would otherwise take up valuable counter or floor space. This can help create a more organized and clutter-free look.
- Bathroom clutter can make it difficult to find what you need when you need it
- Adequate storage helps reduce clutter and improves organization
- Clear countertops provide more space and make cleaning easier
Stylish Storage Options
In addition to clearing clutter, adding storage in your bathroom can add a stylish touch. By adding cabinetry, shelving, or other storage solutions, you can create a space that is both functional and beautiful. You can choose from an array of finishes and styles to match the decor in your bathroom.
- Storage can be both functional and aesthetically pleasing
- Choose from various elegant storage options such as built-in shelves, cabinets, and vanities
- Open shelving is a popular trend that can add character to your space
A cluttered bathroom is rarely a functional bathroom. With more storage, you can improve the functionality of your space by having everything organized and easily accessible. This will make it much easier to locate items such as towels, toiletries, cleaning supplies, and other essentials.
- Extra storage allows you to keep all of your bathroom essentials in one place
- Maximize your space by adding custom storage solutions such as medicine cabinets and over-toilet storage
- The organization makes it easier to find and access what you need, saving you time during your daily routine
Increased Property Value
Adding more storage to your bathroom during a remodel can also increase the value of your home. Prospective buyers are often looking for ample storage solutions, so adding extra cabinets and shelves can make your bathroom much more appealing.
- Remodeling your bathroom with added storage can increase the value of your property
- Potential buyers are often looking for functional and efficient spaces with ample storage
- A well-designed bathroom with plenty of storage can be a significant selling point for your home
In terms of eco-friendly storage solutions, there are many options available. You can choose from a variety of sustainable materials such as bamboo, wicker, and reclaimed wood for your cabinetry and shelving. Not only will these materials provide more storage in your bathroom, but they will also help reduce the environmental impact of your remodel.
- Sustainable storage options such as bamboo, reclaimed wood, or recycled plastic can make your bathroom remodel eco-friendly
- Eco-friendly materials reduce the environmental impact and improve indoor air quality
- Investing in sustainable storage is an investment in the planet and your health
Adding more storage to your bathroom during a remodel is a wise investment that can improve your daily life and add value to your home. With various storage options available, it’s easy to find a solution that meets your needs and suits your style. Make the most of your bathroom remodel and create a functional, stylish, and eco-friendly space with the addition of storage.
Unique Ways to Add Storage in a Bathroom Remodel
If you’re looking to enhance your storage space during a bathroom remodel, there are a number of unique and creative options available. You can add built-in shelving behind the bathroom door for towels and smaller items, install a vanity with drawers for additional storage space, or hang floating shelves around your sink area to store cosmetics, bath products, and more. Other ideas include:
Wall niches are a unique way to add storage to your bathroom without taking up valuable floor space. These recessed shelves can be built into the wall between studs and can be customized to fit your needs. Use them to store toiletries, towels, and other bathroom essentials.
Don’t forget about vertical space when it comes to adding storage to your bathroom. Consider adding a tall storage cabinet or a floor-to-ceiling built-in shelf. You can also install floating shelves above the toilet or next to the vanity to add extra storage space.
The space under your bathroom vanity is often underutilized. Consider adding under-vanity drawers during your remodel to maximize this space. These drawers can be custom-built to fit around plumbing pipes and can be used to store extra towels, cleaning supplies, and other bathroom essentials.
If you’re remodeling your shower, consider adding shower niches for extra storage. These can be built into the shower walls and used to store soap, shampoo, and other shower essentials. Not only do shower niches provide storage, but they also add a sleek and modern look to your bathroom.
Built-In Seating with Storage
If you have a large bathroom, consider adding a built-in bench or seat with storage underneath. This can be a great place to sit and get ready in the morning, and the added storage can be used to store towels, linens, and other bathroom essentials.
Finally, don’t overlook the back of your bathroom door as a potential storage solution. Over-door organizers can be used to store everything from toiletries to cleaning supplies. They’re easy to install and can be a great solution if you’re short on space.
Adding storage to your bathroom during a remodel is a great way to improve functionality and organization. By incorporating unique storage solutions like wall niches, vertical space, under-vanity drawers, shower niches, built-in seating with storage, and over-door storage, you can create a bathroom that is both stylish and efficient. Consider these ideas during your bathroom remodel and enjoy a more functional and organized space.
Breaking Down the Cost of Bathroom Storage Options
When it comes to adding storage to your bathroom during a remodel, the cost will vary depending on the specific storage solution you choose. Here are some estimated costs for each of the storage options mentioned above:
- Wall Niches: Wall niches can cost anywhere from $100 to $500 depending on the size and complexity of the design.
- Vertical Space: The cost of adding vertical storage to your bathroom will depend on the type of storage you choose. A tall storage cabinet can cost anywhere from $100 to $1000 or more, while a floor-to-ceiling built-in shelf can cost $500 to $2000 or more.
- Under-Vanity Drawers: Adding under-vanity drawers to your bathroom can cost anywhere from $200 to $1000 or more, depending on the complexity of the design and the type of materials used.
- Shower Niches: Shower niches can cost anywhere from $100 to $500 or more depending on the size and type of materials used.
- Built-In Seating with Storage: The cost of adding built-in seating with storage to your bathroom will depend on the size and materials used. A simple bench with storage underneath can cost around $500, while a larger, more complex design can cost $1000 or more.
- Over-Door Storage: Over-door organizers are typically the most affordable storage solution, with prices ranging from $20 to $100 or more depending on the size and materials used.
It’s important to note that these are estimated costs, and the actual cost of adding storage to your bathroom during a remodel will depend on a variety of factors, including the size of your bathroom, the materials used, and the complexity of the design. To get an accurate estimate for your specific project, it’s best to consult with a professional contractor or designer.